Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Winter is finally here




Well, Winter finally decided to show up! Keagan loves watching it snow- the tiny little amount that we've had. Unfortunately, when dealing with eczema, it's best not to go in and out between frigid, dry weather and warm, more humid house temperature, so we haven't been getting out on our walks much. We did, however, take a trip to a mall yesterday to walk around and had a very fun afternoon. We also hosted our playgroup this Monday and had four babies scooting around our family room, which was lots of fun. Keagan is still working on that first tooth. I'd say it's maybe 1/2 way up. I'm surprised how long this takes! I guess I figured once it erupted through the gum it would be just another day or two and it would be up- WRONG! He has regressed in his sleeping ability at night which I'm sure has some to do with the tooth and some his itchy rash. He still is not eating much in terms of solids (though still nursing like a madman). Today he tried a couple little spoonfuls of some breastmilk/rice cereal/squash homemade baby food before completely rejecting the whole process. We'll get there someday! He's a Gustavson, the kid will eat. Here's a picture I took of the two of us when I was feeling goofy in the late afternoon (you moms know that time of day), and a cute one of Erik and Keagan playing.

No comments: