Saturday, October 02, 2010

First Fireworks!



Today was Maynard Fest. The first Saturday in October is a Maynardian holiday which includes a huge fair in the downtown area, and then a party and fireworks in the evening. This year we decided Keagan was ready to go to the fireworks. Sadly, only one of us could take him because the other had to stay home with Torin (who was asleep an hour before the fireworks began). Keagan decided he wanted some "special Mommy time" and that I should take him. He was really excited when we got there. We strolled around the party a bit to check things out, and got him a push-up popsicle from the ice cream truck and found a place to sit by the water, where the fireworks are shot up over. I was a little nervous about his reaction, but as soon as that first one went up and he was in awe, I knew it would be good. It was better than good. It was one of those moments as a parent that I will never forget. And yes, I bought him an $8 light up sword... it was his first fireworks night, I had to!

At Erik's request, I was able to get some video so that he could see some of what he missed. It's dark, and mostly just audio but you do catch glimpses of Keagan's face and get to hear his wonderment.


No comments: