Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Higgins Armory Museum

Since our first attempt at getting here did not work out, we tried again with great success! This museum is in Worcester and we went back to Wild Willy's burgers for lunch again, lucking out a second time with a huge freight train going right by our table during our meal! It's like lunch and a show for little boys.

Then it was off to the museum. The boys actually sat through a whole presentation on different types of armor in their auditorium. I have to admit that by the end of that I was thinking "why exactly and I exposing them to stories of how weapons cause bodily damage?" But in truth I think most of it went over their heads, and much of the rest seemed like fantasy since their concept of what is real and what is in storybooks is not exactly solid yet. Aside from the possibly inappropriate content of the day, it was a fun place!



Giant chess was a huge hit. I played Keagan and he beat me.

The other great part was "make your own shields" in their craft room. These are what the boys designed and there are meanings behind all the colors and symbols.I thought Keagan did a great job in balancing his icons and colors. It looks really cool! Torin's is a bit more "abstract" but also very fun. I think we'll be playing knight a lot in the next few days!

No comments: