Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Lights Tour

When I was a kid, every year my family would pile into our car or van, preferably with some hot chocolate (because we seemed to always pick a freezing night), and drive around our town (and neighboring towns) to see houses lit up for Christmas. I love these memories. It was quality family time and even included once pulling over and applauding outside someone's house for their spectacular display :).
Tonight Keagan and I had some errands to run, that didn't even involve leaving the car (I love drive-through!) so I thought it would be fun to drive around our neighborhood before coming home. We had a great time! Keagan really got into it, and soon all I heard was "Santa!", "Reindeer!", "Snowman!", "Cool", "Pretty" coming form the back seat. There is one house in our neighborhood that even had a blow-up lit Thomas the Train with a Santa hat on- how could it get better for my son? We've decided next time, we need to bring Daddy with us and show him all the local lights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We do the same thing, and we have a little contest to see who says "OOOOHHHHH" first. It surely is a cheap date, and loaded with good memories!

Lisa