Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rainy Weather Activities



With a rainy Saturday to get through, Keagan and I decided to do some indoor plantings. I have two brown thumbs, but it's so fun to see how excited Keagan gets when things grow, so I'm trying! When picking out seeds, Keagan remembered from last Summer (don't try to slip anything past him, he's like an elephant) that Tarah and Ken had sunflowers and he loved how big they grew. We have sunflowers (for wow factor), peas (to hopefully entice him to eat something green), and herbs for my cooking. I also saved some pumpkin seeds from Halloween and we'll try those too. Last year we got flowers from the seeds but no little pumpkin growing. Sadly, we have tons of critters here that eat such things, so the chances of us actually seeing anything remotely edible survive long enough for us to enjoy it are remote.

Then we made pizza together for dinner. Keagan gets his own, since he only like sauce and cheese on his. He made a great oblong shaped pie and put the toppings on and then assisted me with out sauce and cheese. Nothing like some yummy smells from the oven on a cold, rainy day.




No comments: