Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jeff or Jeffrey

I can't believe I haven't blogged about the Jeff thing yet! So here it is: Keagan has been insisting his name is Jeff, and lately also Jeffrey for the past month or so. This name comes from the "I love Toy Trains" video in which the 7 year old narrator is a little boy named Jeff, and since this boy appears to know everything about trains, well, he's Keagan's (Jeff's) idol. He introduces himself to new people as Jeff without hesitation and I've had mom's come up to me at playgrounds saying "Oh, are you Jeff's mom?" and it takes me a second to figure out they are actually talking about me. Sigh. He even told his teacher at school that was his name, but she didn't miss a beat and said "but at school you're Keagan, or I'll get confused, ok?" and he gave her a bit of a disappointed/grouchy look and that was that. So don't be surprised if he won't answer to "Keagan".

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

This is hilarious, and so cute! I wonder how long he'll be Jeff for. :)