Friday, August 21, 2009

Camp MacCutcheon



Yesterday, I packed the boys up in the car, picked up Mema in Braintree and headed down to "Camp MacCutcheon"- aka, my cousin Kristin's house :) Keagan had a BLAST playing with his cousins Emma and Charlotte- including a "jungle explorer" game in which Keagan explored with binoculars while Charlotte played the role of Tiger, crab/crawl races around the dining room table, playing/observing the many animals (dog, cats, fish, guinea pigs) and of course, swimming in the pool. We didn't even get around to the swing set!
Keeping Torin happy wasn't the easiest task as he only wanted me most of the time, although Mema and Peggy tried their best and gave me the opportunity for a short swim with Keagan. The rest of the swim time Keagan spent with Kristin. We were trying out a suit with a built in floaty ring to help him, which worked relatively well. Keagan also started jumping into the pool from the side and being caught in first my arms, and then Kristin's when I left. Unfortunately, this lead to an unexpected fall into the pool when he lost his balance once at the edge. I was inside nursing Torin when I heard some cries, and Mema nearly bolted out the door when she figured out what happened, but we both held our cool realizing that 1) Kristin was of course, right there to swoop him up 2) she is a nurse and fantastic mother and couldn't be a better person to trust my child with and 3) we wanted to see if he would accept her comfort over the situation instead of necessitating a mommy visit. Of course Kristin had him jumping into the pool again within minutes :) (Thanks, Kristin!). Keagan also had his first popsicle poolside. At least I'm assuming he had one because this morning when he woke up he asked for a popsicle and I got the whole story :) So, we made some juice popsicles in a special popsicle mold I bought for just such an occasion. They are in the freezer now and will be enjoyed later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time you come down, I'm holding that baby! Even if he cries, that's ok. Sorry I didn't get to stay too long....covering those gray hairs does have to be done though! Keagan is such a delightful little boy! Torin will be too. He just needs mommy right now. Charlotte said Keagan was very brave in the pool, and loved jumping off the sides. She enjoys smaller kids, so playing pretend with Keagan ranks high on her priority list!

Lisa

Kristin said...

Loved having you guys down, totally enjoyed Keagan, he is a riot of a 3 y.o.!! He did really well after his sumbersault head first into the pool, I think it more scared him, then I think he thought it was totally cool! Hence how we got him jumping again! He is a great pre-swimmer, a true future fish! Thanks for all the nice things you said about me, aaw shucks! :)
We are closing the pool the week of Sept 14th, so try to get down maybe 1-2 times more. I know it is hard with Torin and his bodily attatchment towards you! Poor mom!Keep trying the binky!!!
Great seeing you guys and your mom....come down soon!!! Emma and Charlotte need more Keagan time!