Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Great-Grandma Joyce!





We took an overnight trip to Bennington Vermont for a surprise birthday party for Joyce. It was a really fun trip. The party was great- yummy food, lots of family, and a DJ to wear the kids out :) I have some video of the event too. I'll try to get around to uploading that. We spent the night at the Hampton Inn in Bennington with Mema, Papa, Tarah, Ken, Isabelle and Adeline. We went there because they have a pool and full morning breakfast. I have to say, one of my favorite parts of the trip was coming down to breakfast with the whole family in the morning. Swimming in the pool (Mema and Papa included!) with everyone was also a blast. Unfortunately, the nights' sleep for me was not a blast. Torin was not happy in the Pack n Play (it was the first time he's ever slept in one overnight!) and ended up in bed with us (thankfully a King size) and I did not get much sleep. If we were staying more than one night, we might have had to try a different approach, but one bad night of sleep was totally worth the family time!

No comments: