Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

We had a fabulous weekend, thanks to some great weather and great friends and family.
Saturday, we stayed home to do some productive things, like fill the hole in the driveway, left by the dumpster, with new asphalt. Keagan actually loved "helping" Daddy with the driveway project, while Torin and I played on a blanket in a shady spot. More work than fun (at least for Erik), but with gorgeous weather and a trip to our local ice cream store, it was still a good day.




Sunday we went to Camp MacCutcheon (aka, my cousins Kristin and Dave's house) and went swimming, ate tons of food, and actually RELAXED. It was fabulous. Keagan had his first "Richies Slushie" and I had my first Rum Slushie ;) See, Slushies are good at all ages :) Thanks Kristin and Dave!




Monday, I had a Mom's Day Out and went to a diner for brunch and to see a movie with some girlfriends . It was great! Erik took the kids to the Southwick Zoo and actually got home _after_ I did! They had a great time and Erik was fantastic at handling the two kids out for the day. Keagan is doing great with going to the bathroom anywhere now, and hasn't had an accident in weeks. It makes outings so much easier! Erik said Torin was a fabulous baby, spending most of the time happily watching everything from the stroller. I have to say, I was a little sad not to go to the zoo with them, but so glad Erik got to do one of the fun day trips he misses to often during the week. I feel a little guilty that I get to spend so many days doing things like that, while he works. This time, it was his turn. Although I'm pretty sure he was more tired after today than any workday ;)

No comments: